Goals for Church Planting
Ultimately our goals in church planting are to develop relationships, cultivate community and participate in a movement of planting and forming new churches beginning in the Burleson and south Fort Worth area.
However, Chris Chappotin and I have already spent a considerable amount of time discussing the how’s and what’s of this dream. Both of us feel strongly that our emphasis is on bringing the good news of Christ’s redemptive and healing presence into the lives of our neighbors…our emphasis is not on programs or market analysis. That doesn’t mean that Christ Journey doesn’t have programs that are meant to assist us in this relational process, or that there are not concrete “things” we intend to do.
Here is the initial set of measurable goals for the next year.
Goals for Spiritual Formation in 2008-09
- Develop a process for evaluating the effectiveness of the ministries, teaching and relationships of Christ Journey.
- Identify key milestones in the process of formation and discipleship.
- Craft ritual celebrations to recognize such milestones.
- For any active member of Christ Journey to be able to:
- Define spiritual formation and discipleship
- Describe a maturing Christian in the context of Christ Journey.
- Identify milestones in this process.
- Articulate the role of Christ Journey in assisting people in this process
- Share stories of their own spiritual formation as well as those of others in the community.
Goals for Church Planting in 2008-09
- Launch a new worship gathering in 2008
- Start 3-5 new house churches
- Start 4-6 formation groups
- Start 2-3 new leadership development groups
- Take 25-50 people through the 10 week Foundations course
- Host 6-8 orientation dinners
- Host 2-4 Marvelous Light Retreats
- Host 1-2 City on a Hill Retreats
- Host, organize or participate in 3-4 gatherings in our home or neighborhood to intentionally get to know our neighbors
- Identify and equip 20-25 leaders through and for house churches and worship gatherings
If this type of vision is one that you share or would like to see taking root, would you prayerfully consider partnering with us financially? We are pleased to already have individuals and families who’ve committed anywhere from $25 – $350 / per month over the next three years.
We’ve raised about 15% of our goal and will need around 75% before we can relocate. Rachel and I believe strongly that this ministry is worth investing in – we believe so strongly that we’re stepping out in faith with our whole family. Perhaps you can step out in faith by committing $50, $100, $250 or even $500 a month.
If you’re interested in hearing more, please contact me at email@example.com